Tony R. Chase joined the board of directors of The Plaza Group effective Aug. 1.
"The Plaza Group is honored and privileged to welcome Tony Chase as our newest board member," said Randy Velarde, The Plaza Group president. "His insight and knowledge will be invaluable as The Plaza Group continues on its path of significant yearly growth and faces the increased demands of expansion."
Chase is chairman and CEO of Chase Radio Partners and ChaseCom LP, a provider of customer care and customer acquisition services to large clients with large customer bases. He is also chairman and co-founder of The Telecom Opportunity Institute, which provides technical literacy training at no cost to at-risk communities.
Chase also serves as a tenured professor at the University of Houston Law Center. He began teaching communications law and contracts at the University of Houston Law School in 1990, and has been a regent of Texas Southern University since 1992.
Chase serves as a director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
The Plaza Group is a multimillion-dollar international marketing company of refinery and petrochemical products. Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Houston, it ranked at No. 27 on the 2012 HispanicBusiness 500 directory.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- President Obama Hints at Bernanke Exit