Shakira announced via her website Wednesday that she is pregnant with her first baby.
The father is her boyfriend Gerard Piqué, the center back for FC Barcelona and the Spanish national football team.
The two have been dating since the beginning of 2011.
The Colombian singer-songwriter had to cancel her performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival this weekend in Las Vegas.
Here is what Shakira said yesterday in her announcement:
"As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby! At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days.
This means I will not be able to be a part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, but I'm sure this weekend in Las Vegas will be spectacular and I will be closely following everything that happens there!
I'd like to thank Clear Channel and my fans for their constant love and understanding.
And will see you very soon!
Have no fear, there are plenty of other gigantic musical acts performing this weekend in Las Vegas. Here is the lineup:
Friday, Sept. 21:
Megan & Liz
Swedish House Mafia
Saturday, Sept. 22:
Mary J. Blige
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?