Shakira announced via her website Wednesday that she is pregnant with her first baby.
The father is her boyfriend Gerard Piqué, the center back for FC Barcelona and the Spanish national football team.
The two have been dating since the beginning of 2011.
The Colombian singer-songwriter had to cancel her performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival this weekend in Las Vegas.
Here is what Shakira said yesterday in her announcement:
"As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby! At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days.
This means I will not be able to be a part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, but I'm sure this weekend in Las Vegas will be spectacular and I will be closely following everything that happens there!
I'd like to thank Clear Channel and my fans for their constant love and understanding.
And will see you very soon!
Have no fear, there are plenty of other gigantic musical acts performing this weekend in Las Vegas. Here is the lineup:
Friday, Sept. 21:
Megan & Liz
Swedish House Mafia
Saturday, Sept. 22:
Mary J. Blige
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World