Following an appearance on "The Late Show" with David Letterman, President Obama will return to "The View" next week, Sept. 25. He's bringing his wife and first lady, Michelle Obama, with him.
Both have appeared seperately on the talk show, but this will be the couple's first joint appearance on the talk show.
Talk shows aren't just for actors and authors anymore. A talk show appearance allows politicians to be more personable and engaging to viewers, taking some of the seriousness out of some very serious business.
According to "The View" website, the Obamas will sit down with the co-hosts as part of the continuing "Red, White & View" campaign, which showcases political guests and discussions.
"We are honored to host President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama on The View," said Barbara Walters, creator and co-host of "The View."
President Obama and the first lady will tape their show on Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?