Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple has been arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas town after a Border Patrol drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.
Sierra Blanca Sheriff's office spokesman Rusty Flemming says the artist spent Wednesday night at the Hudspeth County jail and would be bonded out Thursday.
Fleming says Apple "had a little tiny amount of pot and hash." Fleming says marijuana possession in small amounts is a misdemeanour, while hashish in any quantity is a felony in Texas.
Apple's publicist Ambrosia Healy didn't immediately respond to email request for comment.
The Sierra Blanca check point inspects thousands of vehicles daily and sends the town thousands of drug cases yearly. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and actor Armand Hammer all have been arrested in Sierra Blanca for marijuana.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits