Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple has been arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas town after a Border Patrol drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.
Sierra Blanca Sheriff's office spokesman Rusty Flemming says the artist spent Wednesday night at the Hudspeth County jail and would be bonded out Thursday.
Fleming says Apple "had a little tiny amount of pot and hash." Fleming says marijuana possession in small amounts is a misdemeanour, while hashish in any quantity is a felony in Texas.
Apple's publicist Ambrosia Healy didn't immediately respond to email request for comment.
The Sierra Blanca check point inspects thousands of vehicles daily and sends the town thousands of drug cases yearly. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and actor Armand Hammer all have been arrested in Sierra Blanca for marijuana.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'