Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple has been arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas town after a Border Patrol drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.
Sierra Blanca Sheriff's office spokesman Rusty Flemming says the artist spent Wednesday night at the Hudspeth County jail and would be bonded out Thursday.
Fleming says Apple "had a little tiny amount of pot and hash." Fleming says marijuana possession in small amounts is a misdemeanour, while hashish in any quantity is a felony in Texas.
Apple's publicist Ambrosia Healy didn't immediately respond to email request for comment.
The Sierra Blanca check point inspects thousands of vehicles daily and sends the town thousands of drug cases yearly. Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and actor Armand Hammer all have been arrested in Sierra Blanca for marijuana.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign