Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton said he's not worried about failing in his off-Broadway debut in "Newsical: The Musical" in New York City.
The musical features humorous songs about celebrities and politicians, similar to the items Hilton -- whose real name is Mario Lavandeira -- blogs about on his Web site, The New York Post reported Sunday.
"The opening number was inspired by a conversation I had with [composer/lyricist] Rick Crom, where I said one of the mottos was that if Rosie O'Donnell can be on Broadway, then so can I," Hilton says. "That's literally the first thing I sing in the show."
Hilton studied theater at New York University, but said he's been rehearsing with a vocal coach because his voice is "not that amazing."
"If nobody comes, if nobody enjoys it, if I get awful reviews, I'm prepared for the worst," he said. "I'll still be happy if it doesn't pan out like I would have liked, just because it's already been a great experience."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women