Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton said he's not worried about failing in his off-Broadway debut in "Newsical: The Musical" in New York City.
The musical features humorous songs about celebrities and politicians, similar to the items Hilton -- whose real name is Mario Lavandeira -- blogs about on his Web site, The New York Post reported Sunday.
"The opening number was inspired by a conversation I had with [composer/lyricist] Rick Crom, where I said one of the mottos was that if Rosie O'Donnell can be on Broadway, then so can I," Hilton says. "That's literally the first thing I sing in the show."
Hilton studied theater at New York University, but said he's been rehearsing with a vocal coach because his voice is "not that amazing."
"If nobody comes, if nobody enjoys it, if I get awful reviews, I'm prepared for the worst," he said. "I'll still be happy if it doesn't pan out like I would have liked, just because it's already been a great experience."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs