Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton said he's not worried about failing in his off-Broadway debut in "Newsical: The Musical" in New York City.
The musical features humorous songs about celebrities and politicians, similar to the items Hilton -- whose real name is Mario Lavandeira -- blogs about on his Web site, The New York Post reported Sunday.
"The opening number was inspired by a conversation I had with [composer/lyricist] Rick Crom, where I said one of the mottos was that if Rosie O'Donnell can be on Broadway, then so can I," Hilton says. "That's literally the first thing I sing in the show."
Hilton studied theater at New York University, but said he's been rehearsing with a vocal coach because his voice is "not that amazing."
"If nobody comes, if nobody enjoys it, if I get awful reviews, I'm prepared for the worst," he said. "I'll still be happy if it doesn't pan out like I would have liked, just because it's already been a great experience."
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals