Sunbeam Products Inc. has announced the voluntary recall of 600,000 Mr. Coffee single-cup coffee makers made in China and sold in the United States.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission said steam pressure can build up in the Single Cup Brewing System coffee makers to the point where the brewing chamber opens and sends steam and hot water out, CNN reported. Sunbeam said it has received 61 reports of injuries and 164 of exploding brewing chambers.
Sunbeam, which does business as Jardem Consumer Solutions of Boca Raton, Fla., said anyone with one of the coffee makers should get in touch with the company to get a free replacement.
The coffee makers were sold from 2010 to 2012 in chains that include Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond and J.C. Penney.
The model numbers included in the recall are: BVMC-KG1, BVMC-KG1A-001, BVMC-KG1-WM-001, BVMC-KG1-001, BVMC-KG1-BEA, BVMC-KG1R-001, BVMC-KG1-044, BVMC-KG1BP-PAL, BVMC-KG1R-006.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked