Sunbeam Products Inc. has announced the voluntary recall of 600,000 Mr. Coffee single-cup coffee makers made in China and sold in the United States.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission said steam pressure can build up in the Single Cup Brewing System coffee makers to the point where the brewing chamber opens and sends steam and hot water out, CNN reported. Sunbeam said it has received 61 reports of injuries and 164 of exploding brewing chambers.
Sunbeam, which does business as Jardem Consumer Solutions of Boca Raton, Fla., said anyone with one of the coffee makers should get in touch with the company to get a free replacement.
The coffee makers were sold from 2010 to 2012 in chains that include Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond and J.C. Penney.
The model numbers included in the recall are: BVMC-KG1, BVMC-KG1A-001, BVMC-KG1-WM-001, BVMC-KG1-001, BVMC-KG1-BEA, BVMC-KG1R-001, BVMC-KG1-044, BVMC-KG1BP-PAL, BVMC-KG1R-006.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth