Shares in Porsche surged Wednesday after a
German court dismissed two lawsuits claiming market manipulation
during the luxury sports carmaker's failed bid to take over the
Volkswagen group four years ago.
Porsche's stock jumped 5.79 percent following the ruling by the court in the northern city of Braunschweig.
The Stuttgart-based carmaker welcomed the decision "as a positive signal."
Three cases involved damages of $5.22 billion (4.1 billion euros) are still pending.
The court did not provide details of its decision Wednesday, saying that the parties should first be given time to read the judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant