Shares in Porsche surged Wednesday after a
German court dismissed two lawsuits claiming market manipulation
during the luxury sports carmaker's failed bid to take over the
Volkswagen group four years ago.
Porsche's stock jumped 5.79 percent following the ruling by the court in the northern city of Braunschweig.
The Stuttgart-based carmaker welcomed the decision "as a positive signal."
Three cases involved damages of $5.22 billion (4.1 billion euros) are still pending.
The court did not provide details of its decision Wednesday, saying that the parties should first be given time to read the judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study