Shares in Porsche surged Wednesday after a
German court dismissed two lawsuits claiming market manipulation
during the luxury sports carmaker's failed bid to take over the
Volkswagen group four years ago.
Porsche's stock jumped 5.79 percent following the ruling by the court in the northern city of Braunschweig.
The Stuttgart-based carmaker welcomed the decision "as a positive signal."
Three cases involved damages of $5.22 billion (4.1 billion euros) are still pending.
The court did not provide details of its decision Wednesday, saying that the parties should first be given time to read the judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say