Shares in Porsche surged Wednesday after a
German court dismissed two lawsuits claiming market manipulation
during the luxury sports carmaker's failed bid to take over the
Volkswagen group four years ago.
Porsche's stock jumped 5.79 percent following the ruling by the court in the northern city of Braunschweig.
The Stuttgart-based carmaker welcomed the decision "as a positive signal."
Three cases involved damages of $5.22 billion (4.1 billion euros) are still pending.
The court did not provide details of its decision Wednesday, saying that the parties should first be given time to read the judgement.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Highway Fund Nearly Broke, Jeopardizing Jobs
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work