Hip-hop icon and actor LL Cool J is to serve as host of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live! -- Countdown to Music's Biggest Night" in Nashville, CBS said.
This marks the fifth consecutive time LL Cool J will serve as emcee of the event.
Maroon 5 is the first act announced to perform at the Dec. 5 show at the Bridgestone Arena.
The hour-long telecast will feature the announcement of nominations in several categories as well as performances by past Grammy winners and/or nominees.
Additional performers and presenters will be announced shortly, CBS said.
Grammy Awards are to be presented to winners Feb. 10 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Both the nominations concert and the awards ceremony are to air on CBS.
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love