MillerCoors Will Award Grand Prize of $25,000 to Winner's Nonprofit Organization
CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- MillerCoors has announced this year's Lideres, 12 outstanding individuals who are making a difference in their communities. The 12 Lideres, who were nominated by prominent nonprofit organizations from across the country, were selected by MillerCoors based on their achievements and impact within the U.S. Hispanic community.
The public will select one MillerCoors 2012 Lider of the Year via online vote, open today through October 31 on MillerCoorsLideres.com. The winner will receive a $25,000 grant to develop and implement a community leadership program with his/her sponsoring nonprofit organization and MillerCoors.
"MillerCoors has a long history of supporting the communities we impact and we are proud to recognize and reward emerging Latino leaders who are making a difference," says Jose Ruano, manager, multicultural community commerce and partnerships at MillerCoors. "All 12 Lideres exemplify determination and commitment, not only in their professional careers, but in helping others."
The 2012 MillerCoors Lideres include motivational speakers, environmentalists, community organizers, and volunteers of legal drinking age who were nominated by national and local nonprofit organizations for their exceptional contributions to the Latino community. They are:
1. Emily Calderon Galdeano, San Antonio Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
2. Katrina Damian, Denver Latin American Educational Foundation
3. Naihma Deady, Portland, Oregon Mainstream Media Project
4. Sergio Fernandez, Chicago Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
5. Frank Garza, Austin Adelante! U.S. Education Leadership Fund
6. Daniel Hernandez, Jr., Tucson Hispanic Women's Corporation
7. Marco Antonio Landa, Houston Navidad En El Barrio
8. Steven Mendez, River Edge, N.J. Latino Justice PRLDEF
9. Rudi Navarra, Fort Lauderdale Latinos Go Green
10. Lance Rios, New York Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology Association
11. Edgar Sotelo, DallasMagdaleno Leadership Institute
12. Jennifer Trevino, Fort Worth Hispanic Women's Network of Texas
Last year, Andrea Delgado from the Labor Council for Latin American Advancement (LCLAA) was selected as the MillerCoors 2011 Lider of the Year with 42 percent of the 25,464 votes cast. LCLAA used the $25,000 grand prize to offer their members a unique skill-building workshop with the goal of providing an understanding of how to utilize and integrate Internet resources and social media into their campaigns to spread their message, build coalitions and maximize their impact, thus helping them be more persuasive and successful leaders in their communities.
Since 2006, the MillerCoors Lideres program has raised awareness and highlighted the achievements of leaders within the Hispanic community through the online public voting competition and a national advertising campaign. The program offers up-and-coming Latino professionals leadership tools, counsel and the opportunity to network through www.MillerCoorsLideres.com, www.Facebook.com/MillerCoorsLideres, and LinkedIn. Join the conversation on Twitter using #MillerCoorsLideres.
Overview of MillerCoors Built on a foundation of great beer brands and nearly 300 years of brewing heritage, MillerCoors continues the commitment of its founders to brew the highest quality beers. MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in the United States, capturing nearly 30 percent of beer sales in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Led by two of the best-selling beers in the industry, MillerCoors has a broad portfolio of brands across every major industry segment. The portfolio is led by the company's premium light brands: Coors Light, Miller Lite and Miller64. Coors Light, the World's Most Refreshing Beer, offers consumers refreshment as cold as the Rockies. Miller Lite established the American light beer category in 1975, offering beer drinkers a light beer that tastes like beer should. Miller64 is 64 calories of crisp, light taste that complements a balanced lifestyle. MillerCoors brews premium beers Coors Banquet and Miller Genuine Draft, and economy brands Miller High Life and Keystone Light. Tenth and Blake Beer Company, MillerCoors craft and import division, imports Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch and features craft brews from the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Blue Moon Brewing Company and the Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Company. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel's craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wisc. and two microbreweries, the Tenth Street Brewery in Milwaukee and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver. MillerCoors vision is to create the best beer company in America through great people changing the way America enjoys beer. MillerCoors builds its brands the right way through brewing quality, responsible marketing and sustainable environmental and community impact. MillerCoors is a joint venture of SABMiller plc and Molson Coors Brewing Company. Learn more at MillerCoors.com, at facebook.com/MillerCoors or on Twitter through @MillerCoors.MillerCoors
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying