The United States on Monday filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization (WTO) against China, alleging the Asian economic power is illegally subsidizing its automotive industry.
The Obama administration is claiming that China provided at least 1 billion dollars in export subsidies to automobile and parts manufacturers between 2009-11, according to CNN, a violation of WTO rules China agreed to when it joined in 2001.
US President Barack Obama is expected make the announcement while campaigning in Ohio, a state with a struggling economy that employs large numbers in automobile manufacturing.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women