The United States on Monday filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization (WTO) against China, alleging the Asian economic power is illegally subsidizing its automotive industry.
The Obama administration is claiming that China provided at least 1 billion dollars in export subsidies to automobile and parts manufacturers between 2009-11, according to CNN, a violation of WTO rules China agreed to when it joined in 2001.
US President Barack Obama is expected make the announcement while campaigning in Ohio, a state with a struggling economy that employs large numbers in automobile manufacturing.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth