Thousands of McDonald's restaurants are promoting the chain's coffee by giving away 12 ounce cups of the java every day from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
No purchase is required to get the free coffee in the restaurants or drive throughs. The promotion is taking place along the East Coast of the United States.
The giveaway leads up to National Coffee Day on Sept. 29.
McDonald's first started becoming a serious player in the coffee market after making upgrades in 2006. The following year, Consumer Reports declared McDonald's coffee better than its competitors -- even Starbucks. About three years ago, McDonald's began offering McCafe beverages from espresso machines.
(c)2012 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- 3.4 Million Now Insured Under Covered California
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio