Thousands of McDonald's restaurants are promoting the chain's coffee by giving away 12 ounce cups of the java every day from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
No purchase is required to get the free coffee in the restaurants or drive throughs. The promotion is taking place along the East Coast of the United States.
The giveaway leads up to National Coffee Day on Sept. 29.
McDonald's first started becoming a serious player in the coffee market after making upgrades in 2006. The following year, Consumer Reports declared McDonald's coffee better than its competitors -- even Starbucks. About three years ago, McDonald's began offering McCafe beverages from espresso machines.
(c)2012 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling