Thousands of McDonald's restaurants are promoting the chain's coffee by giving away 12 ounce cups of the java every day from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
No purchase is required to get the free coffee in the restaurants or drive throughs. The promotion is taking place along the East Coast of the United States.
The giveaway leads up to National Coffee Day on Sept. 29.
McDonald's first started becoming a serious player in the coffee market after making upgrades in 2006. The following year, Consumer Reports declared McDonald's coffee better than its competitors -- even Starbucks. About three years ago, McDonald's began offering McCafe beverages from espresso machines.
(c)2012 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women