Thousands of McDonald's restaurants are promoting the chain's coffee by giving away 12 ounce cups of the java every day from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
No purchase is required to get the free coffee in the restaurants or drive throughs. The promotion is taking place along the East Coast of the United States.
The giveaway leads up to National Coffee Day on Sept. 29.
McDonald's first started becoming a serious player in the coffee market after making upgrades in 2006. The following year, Consumer Reports declared McDonald's coffee better than its competitors -- even Starbucks. About three years ago, McDonald's began offering McCafe beverages from espresso machines.
(c)2012 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success