Thousands of McDonald's restaurants are promoting the chain's coffee by giving away 12 ounce cups of the java every day from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
No purchase is required to get the free coffee in the restaurants or drive throughs. The promotion is taking place along the East Coast of the United States.
The giveaway leads up to National Coffee Day on Sept. 29.
McDonald's first started becoming a serious player in the coffee market after making upgrades in 2006. The following year, Consumer Reports declared McDonald's coffee better than its competitors -- even Starbucks. About three years ago, McDonald's began offering McCafe beverages from espresso machines.
(c)2012 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.