Miami-based EarlyShares.com, an equity-based online crowdfunding platform, has helped launch the Small Business Challenge, offering $50,000 in prizes to help small businesses grow and hire new employees.
According to EarlyShares, the key sponsor of the Challenge, the voting competition will reward companies that show the most potential for job creation. The contest will give the crowd an opportunity to decide which businesses deserve to be funded. Each participant is required to make a pitch for how the Small Business Challenge will help the company create more jobs. The top three that demonstrate the most potential for growth and job creation -- as determined by a panel of judges and then by online voting -- will be announced on Nov. 9.
Businesses with fewer than 100 employees, as well as entrepreneurs with startup ideas, are eligible to participate. The winner will receive $25,000 in cash and advertising support; second- and third-place winners will be awarded $15,000 and $10,000, respectively.
Find out more about the contest and enter at SMBChallenge.com
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women