Miami-based EarlyShares.com, an equity-based online crowdfunding platform, has helped launch the Small Business Challenge, offering $50,000 in prizes to help small businesses grow and hire new employees.
According to EarlyShares, the key sponsor of the Challenge, the voting competition will reward companies that show the most potential for job creation. The contest will give the crowd an opportunity to decide which businesses deserve to be funded. Each participant is required to make a pitch for how the Small Business Challenge will help the company create more jobs. The top three that demonstrate the most potential for growth and job creation -- as determined by a panel of judges and then by online voting -- will be announced on Nov. 9.
Businesses with fewer than 100 employees, as well as entrepreneurs with startup ideas, are eligible to participate. The winner will receive $25,000 in cash and advertising support; second- and third-place winners will be awarded $15,000 and $10,000, respectively.
Find out more about the contest and enter at SMBChallenge.com
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable