Miami-based EarlyShares.com, an equity-based online crowdfunding platform, has helped launch the Small Business Challenge, offering $50,000 in prizes to help small businesses grow and hire new employees.
According to EarlyShares, the key sponsor of the Challenge, the voting competition will reward companies that show the most potential for job creation. The contest will give the crowd an opportunity to decide which businesses deserve to be funded. Each participant is required to make a pitch for how the Small Business Challenge will help the company create more jobs. The top three that demonstrate the most potential for growth and job creation -- as determined by a panel of judges and then by online voting -- will be announced on Nov. 9.
Businesses with fewer than 100 employees, as well as entrepreneurs with startup ideas, are eligible to participate. The winner will receive $25,000 in cash and advertising support; second- and third-place winners will be awarded $15,000 and $10,000, respectively.
Find out more about the contest and enter at SMBChallenge.com
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March