The California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has appointed Don Martinez as the new chair to the Procurement Committee.
Martinez is the chairman, founder and senior managing partner with The Domar Group Inc., a retained executive search and management consulting firm. CHCC also appointed David J. Blanco co-chair of the Procurement Committee. Blanco is the president of Performance Ascent Inc., a firm providing management consulting, supplier development, leadership development, Baldrige practices, and other continuous improvement practices.
The committee's primary charter includes promoting procurement and supplier diversity issues on behalf of Hispanic enterprises in California.
"This is truly an honor to be appointed chair of the Procurement Committee by Chairman Gutierrez," said Martinez. "Although there are many challenges facing businesses across the U.S., there is strong evidence that a turnaround is just around the corner. It will be our priority to ensure our member companies are aware of new opportunities, as well as, help them prepare their respective businesses understand and prepare for new customer needs."
CHCC Chairman Ernie Gutierrez appointed both Martinez and Blanco in August.
"I am pleased to appoint Mr. Martinez to chair the CAHCC's procurement committee," Gutierrez said. "As the fastest growing business segment in California and in the United States, the CAHCC is committed to increasing procurement opportunities for our members. Latino businesses are a key to the nation's economic recovery and the CAHCC will help facilitate new and exciting growth opportunities for our members."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved