Many celebrities are not shy to announce their support for President Obama.
Actress Eva Longoria is a co-chair of the president re-election campaign. Actors George Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker hosted Obama fundraisers at their homes, as did artist Gwen Stefani of No Doubt.
Today, music's hottest couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, announced that they too will host an evening with President Obama in New York.
No date has been given, but supporters can donate to the Obama campaign enter win a flight and hotel stay to attend the fundraiser.
Related story: "Beyonce Writes Letter To Michelle Obama"
Knowles today sent this email to Obama supporters:
"I usually don't email you -- but I have an amazing invitation I have to share. Jay and I will be meeting up with President Obama for an evening in NYC sometime soon. And we want you to be there!
Until midnight tonight, if you pitch in $12 or whatever you can, you'll be automatically entered to be flown out to join us. I've had the honor of meeting President Obama and the First Lady a few times -- and believe me -- it's an opportunity you don't want to miss.
Don't worry about the airfare and hotel, it's taken care of. And you can bring a guest.
But the countdown is on -- this opportunity ends at midnight.
Can't wait to meet you! Love, B"
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy