Techonomy Detroit, a conference including Techonomy Detroit, a conference including AOL cofounder Steve Case, Twitter Chairman Jack Dorsey, Quicken Loans Chairman Dan Gilbert and Ford Chief Technology Officer Paul Mascarenas, opens this morning at Wayne State University.
, Quicken Loans Chairman Dan Gilbert and Ford Chief Technology Officer Paul Mascarenas, opens this morning at Wayne State University.
Hosted by the Detroit Economic Club, the event is billed as a "one-day convergence of the brightest minds... to reignite U.S. competitiveness, job creation and urban revitalization in a technologized age."
Tickets can still be purchased today on site at Wayne State University's McGregor Memorial Conference Center. They are $300 for DEC members and $500 for others.
Live updates: If you're on a mobile device, tap here to follow live updates from Techonomy Detroit on Twitter
The event, which runs from 7:30 a.m.-6:45 p.m., includes breakfast, lunch and a networking reception.
The conference examines economic growth, American competitiveness, job creation and resurrecting cities -- and the vital role technology plays in that. This is the first regional Techonomy conference.
The original Techonomy Media get-together was in 2010; the two-day worldwide gathering, founded by David Kirkpatrick, author of "The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That Is Connecting the World," is now held annually in Arizona.
Other presenters include "What Color is Your Parachute?" author Dick Bolles.
The cost is $300 for Detroit Economic Club members and $500 for nonmembers.
The Detroit Media Partnership, which includes the Free Press, is one of the sponsors.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits