"Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts said on Twitter she was checking into a hospital Monday to prepare for a bone-marrow transplant.
"My last tweet for awhile. Heading to hospital...time to focus on healing," she wrote. "I take each & every one of you w/me in my heart. Light and love."
Roberts, a 51-year-old breast cancer survivor, is undergoing the procedure as treatment for a rare blood disorder.
She left "GMA" on medical leave Aug. 30, then traveled to Mississippi that day to see her ailing mother Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, who died shortly after she arrived. The elder Roberts was 88.
Most Popular Stories
- Menendez Introduces Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Clarke Replaces Perez at Eastman Kodak
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez