Director Peter Jackson's pending trilogy of movies based on "The Hobbit" now all have titles and release schedules, revealed Warner Bros Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures on Friday. Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit," the three pending films take place about 60 years before the events of Jackson's lauded Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. The three 'Hobbit' films are New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures productions. The titles and schedules are:
-- 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,' is scheduled for December 14, 2012.
-- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' is scheduled for December 13, 2013.
-- 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again,' is scheduled for July 18, 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women