Director Peter Jackson's pending trilogy of movies based on "The Hobbit" now all have titles and release schedules, revealed Warner Bros Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures on Friday. Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's book, "The Hobbit," the three pending films take place about 60 years before the events of Jackson's lauded Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. The three 'Hobbit' films are New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures productions. The titles and schedules are:
-- 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,' is scheduled for December 14, 2012.
-- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' is scheduled for December 13, 2013.
-- 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again,' is scheduled for July 18, 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook