U.S. cable network FX says it has ordered 90 episodes of Charlie Sheen's new sitcom "Anger Management."
The show's writing staff has been working since early July and production is scheduled to start up again next month, with Season 2 to begin airing in January, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"[Showrunner] Bruce Helford has created a sitcom that works extremely well in our pre-10 p.m. programming lineup," FX Networks executive vice president Chuck Saftler said Wednesday. "Charlie Sheen and the entire cast did an amazing job in the first 10 episodes, which were produced in a very tight window. I have no doubt that the producers and cast will be able to pull off the Herculean task of producing 90 episodes over the next two years."
The Hollywood Reporter said Martin Sheen, Charlie's real-life father, is to reprise his role as his character Charlie's dad in about 20 episodes.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida