U.S. cable network FX says it has ordered 90 episodes of Charlie Sheen's new sitcom "Anger Management."
The show's writing staff has been working since early July and production is scheduled to start up again next month, with Season 2 to begin airing in January, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"[Showrunner] Bruce Helford has created a sitcom that works extremely well in our pre-10 p.m. programming lineup," FX Networks executive vice president Chuck Saftler said Wednesday. "Charlie Sheen and the entire cast did an amazing job in the first 10 episodes, which were produced in a very tight window. I have no doubt that the producers and cast will be able to pull off the Herculean task of producing 90 episodes over the next two years."
The Hollywood Reporter said Martin Sheen, Charlie's real-life father, is to reprise his role as his character Charlie's dad in about 20 episodes.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings