U.S. cable network FX says it has ordered 90 episodes of Charlie Sheen's new sitcom "Anger Management."
The show's writing staff has been working since early July and production is scheduled to start up again next month, with Season 2 to begin airing in January, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"[Showrunner] Bruce Helford has created a sitcom that works extremely well in our pre-10 p.m. programming lineup," FX Networks executive vice president Chuck Saftler said Wednesday. "Charlie Sheen and the entire cast did an amazing job in the first 10 episodes, which were produced in a very tight window. I have no doubt that the producers and cast will be able to pull off the Herculean task of producing 90 episodes over the next two years."
The Hollywood Reporter said Martin Sheen, Charlie's real-life father, is to reprise his role as his character Charlie's dad in about 20 episodes.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life