U.S. cable network FX says it has ordered 90 episodes of Charlie Sheen's new sitcom "Anger Management."
The show's writing staff has been working since early July and production is scheduled to start up again next month, with Season 2 to begin airing in January, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"[Showrunner] Bruce Helford has created a sitcom that works extremely well in our pre-10 p.m. programming lineup," FX Networks executive vice president Chuck Saftler said Wednesday. "Charlie Sheen and the entire cast did an amazing job in the first 10 episodes, which were produced in a very tight window. I have no doubt that the producers and cast will be able to pull off the Herculean task of producing 90 episodes over the next two years."
The Hollywood Reporter said Martin Sheen, Charlie's real-life father, is to reprise his role as his character Charlie's dad in about 20 episodes.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply