Information on a Twitter user who threatened to duplicate the Colorado mass murder in New York has been turned over to authorities, New York police said.
Twitter officials complied with a court order to help police investigators identify the user who threatened to carrying out a shooting spree at a Broadway theater where Mike Tyson is appearing, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
Police spokesman Paul J. Browne said the California-based social media company gave police the account holder's registration information and computer network address.
Investigators learned on Friday that he had threatened to copy the Aurora, Colo., massacre.
"I got 600 people on my hit list and that's gonna be a mass murder for real," he tweeted. "I might shoot up this theater in New York. I know they leave their exit doors unlocked."
The tweets appear to be the work of Obamasmistress who is also known as Anonymous Celebrity and appears to revel in crude language and threatening others, the New York Daily News reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors