Information on a Twitter user who threatened to duplicate the Colorado mass murder in New York has been turned over to authorities, New York police said.
Twitter officials complied with a court order to help police investigators identify the user who threatened to carrying out a shooting spree at a Broadway theater where Mike Tyson is appearing, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
Police spokesman Paul J. Browne said the California-based social media company gave police the account holder's registration information and computer network address.
Investigators learned on Friday that he had threatened to copy the Aurora, Colo., massacre.
"I got 600 people on my hit list and that's gonna be a mass murder for real," he tweeted. "I might shoot up this theater in New York. I know they leave their exit doors unlocked."
The tweets appear to be the work of Obamasmistress who is also known as Anonymous Celebrity and appears to revel in crude language and threatening others, the New York Daily News reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release