Information on a Twitter user who threatened to duplicate the Colorado mass murder in New York has been turned over to authorities, New York police said.
Twitter officials complied with a court order to help police investigators identify the user who threatened to carrying out a shooting spree at a Broadway theater where Mike Tyson is appearing, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
Police spokesman Paul J. Browne said the California-based social media company gave police the account holder's registration information and computer network address.
Investigators learned on Friday that he had threatened to copy the Aurora, Colo., massacre.
"I got 600 people on my hit list and that's gonna be a mass murder for real," he tweeted. "I might shoot up this theater in New York. I know they leave their exit doors unlocked."
The tweets appear to be the work of Obamasmistress who is also known as Anonymous Celebrity and appears to revel in crude language and threatening others, the New York Daily News reported.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight