About 20 news media organizations were set to ask a Colorado court to unseal the court file of accused Aurora theater shoot James Holmes.
The Denver Post said the hearing was to take place before 18th Judicial District Judge William Sylvester but it wasn't clear whether Holmes would be present.
The newspaper said if the media coalition's motion is granted the public would get a much better look at legal proceedings against Holmes.
Holmes is accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 others July 20 at the Century Aurora16 theater during a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women