NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 08/09/12 -- Digital First Media, which operates MediaNews Group and Journal Register Company, today announced a new editorial management structure to improve newsgathering efforts, communication and collaboration across the Company's newsrooms.
James McClure of the York Daily Record/Sunday News has been appointed East Editor, and will manage editorial content for Digital First Media's properties in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Vermont.
Additionally, to facilitate better communication among Digital First's properties, the Company is also announcing the appointment of supervising editors who will deliver key support and work to improve newsroom communication, provide coverage coordination on regional stories and improve collaboration between newsrooms.
•Digital First Media has appointed Matt DeRienzo, who currently oversees its Connecticut properties, to supervise all DFM properties in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Vermont. Nancy March, Editor of The Mercury in Pottstown, Pa., will supervise our Pennsylvania and New Jersey properties. Both Mr. DeRienzo and Ms. March will report to Mr. McClure.
•Digital First Media has appointed Nancy Conway, Editor of the Salt Lake Tribune, to supervise its Colorado and Utah properties. Glenn Gilbert, Editor of the Oakland Press, will supervise properties in Ohio, Michigan and Minnesota. Bob Moore, Editor of the El Paso Times, will continue to oversee our properties in Texas and New Mexico. Ms. Conway, Mr. Gilbert and Mr. Moore will report to Greg Moore, Digital First Media's Central Editor and Editor of the Denver Post.
•Digital First Media has appointed David Little of the Chico Enterprise-Record to supervise its Northern California community newspaper properties, and Michael Anastasi will assume his recently announced role overseeing the Company's Los Angeles News Group properties. Both Mr. Little and Mr. Anastasi will report to Dave Butler, Digital First Media's West Editor and Editor of the San Jose Mercury News.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women