Speculation about Mitt Romney's choice of a running mate has reached a fever pitch in Washington with Congress on a five-week recess, political observers said.
A report that Romney was considering CIA Director David Petraeus as his Republican vice presidential pick prompted White House press secretary Jay Carney to issue a warning to be "mindful of your sources," The Hill reported Wednesday.
Carney scoffed at the idea that Romney would consider the retired four-star general or that an Obama donor was the source of the story that appeared on the Drudge Report Web site.
Romney campaign manager Matt Rhodes has promised donors the opportunity to be among the first to meet the vice presidential pick once a selection has been announced.
Last week, the campaign debuted a new smartphone app that promises to push notification of the pick to supporters who want to be the first to know.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column