The social media site Twitter is being subpoenaed to reveal the identity of a poster who threatened a "Batman" style shooting massacre in New York, police said.
The Manhattan District Attorney's office obtained the subpoena after Twitter refused an emergency information request from the police department, the New York Post reported Tuesday.
Police said the threat involved the Longacre Theatre in Midtown where Mike Tyson's one-man show, "Undisputed Truth," is playing.
"Gosh I'm still making this hit list damn I wanna kill a lot of people," the poster tweeted. "I'm serious people are gonna die like Aurora."
He referred to last month's massacre in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater where 12 people were killed and another 58 wounded during a midnight performance of "The Dark Knight Rises."
"We'll cover the theater until we find this guy," said NYPD spokesman Paul Browne.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation