Typhoon Saola has left the 41 people dead, 35 injured and four missing in Philippines, a senior government official said on Saturday.
Benito Ramos, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) executive director, said that the weather disturbance also caused an estimated damage of 289.853 million pesos(6.93 million U.S. Dollars) on infrastructure and agriculture sectors.
While the typhoon had already left the Philippine territory, 49, 975 families or 279,968 individuals are still being served in different evacuation centers, and the state of calamity was declared in different areas during the height of the typhoon, he said.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development has prepositioned 5.139 million pesos (122.8 thousand U.S. Dollars) standby funds and 35 million pesos (836.32 thousand U.S. Dollars) worth of relief supplies for the families displaced by Saola.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine