Authorities in Florida said a woman refused to pull over for deputies because she was topless and on her way to surprise her boyfriend.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office said a deputy attempted to pull over Mandy Ramsey, 35, of Fort McCoy, Fla., for speeding Saturday but the motorist refused to stop and hit an oak tree while fleeing, The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun reported Tuesday.
The Ford F-250 truck was soon found parked behind a mobile home where the truck's owner, Ramsey's boyfriend, told deputies he hadn't been driving it.
Ramsey admitted she had been behind the wheel and refused to pull over because she was topless and planning to surprise her boyfriend.
Ramsey was charged with fleeing and eluding law enforcement. She was released after posting $5,000 bond.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women