Yahoo! has hired Gina Mistro as sales director for the U.S. Hispanic market, the company announced today.
Mistro is responsible for generating and growing online advertising and revenue for the digital media company's U.S. Hispanic market, focusing on the consumer packaged goods (CPG), beauty and wireless categories. She is based in Yahoo!'s New York office.
Mistro's 16 years of experience in the Hispanic media market includes stints at Vme Media Inc., Latina Media Ventures and Univision Communications.
Related: Levinsohn Leaves Yahoo With Thousands of Shares as Severance Send-off
She holds a bachelor's degree in political science and Spanish from the University of Michigan.
More than 71 percent of the U.S. Latino population turns to Yahoo! for premium content experiences, according to the company, giving advertisers an opportunity to create compelling campaigns that engage a targeted, multicultural audience with scale.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys