"The Dark Knight Rises" reigned atop the U.S. box office for a third straight weekend, hauling in $36.44 million.
The film stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Anne Hathaway, among others.
"Total Recall (2012)," starring Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, raked in $26 million for second place.
All studio estimates of U.S. gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" was third with $14.7 million; "Ice Age: Continental Drift" fourth with $8.4 million; "The Watch" fifth with $6.35 million; "Ted" sixth with $5.479 million; "Step Up Revolution" seventh with $5.3 million; "The Amazing Spider-Man" eighth with $4.3 million; and "Brave" ninth with $2.89 million.
"Magic Mike" rounded out the top 10 with $1.38 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media