"The Dark Knight Rises" reigned atop the U.S. box office for a third straight weekend, hauling in $36.44 million.
The film stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Anne Hathaway, among others.
"Total Recall (2012)," starring Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, raked in $26 million for second place.
All studio estimates of U.S. gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" was third with $14.7 million; "Ice Age: Continental Drift" fourth with $8.4 million; "The Watch" fifth with $6.35 million; "Ted" sixth with $5.479 million; "Step Up Revolution" seventh with $5.3 million; "The Amazing Spider-Man" eighth with $4.3 million; and "Brave" ninth with $2.89 million.
"Magic Mike" rounded out the top 10 with $1.38 million.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot