"The Dark Knight Rises" reigned atop the U.S. box office for a third straight weekend, hauling in $36.44 million.
The film stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Anne Hathaway, among others.
"Total Recall (2012)," starring Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, raked in $26 million for second place.
All studio estimates of U.S. gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" was third with $14.7 million; "Ice Age: Continental Drift" fourth with $8.4 million; "The Watch" fifth with $6.35 million; "Ted" sixth with $5.479 million; "Step Up Revolution" seventh with $5.3 million; "The Amazing Spider-Man" eighth with $4.3 million; and "Brave" ninth with $2.89 million.
"Magic Mike" rounded out the top 10 with $1.38 million.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast