Rosanna Fiske has joined cross-cultural communications agency República as executive vice president and chief strategy officer, the company announced today.
In the newly created position, Fiske will oversee research and planning; account management; communications, content creation and engagement; and digital and media.
"Rosanna brings a depth of expertise and understanding in integrated advertising and communications that is unrivaled," said Jorge A. Plasencia, chairman and CEO.
Fiske's nearly 25 years of experience in marketing and communications includes a stint as director of the master's program in global strategic communications at Florida International University. Previously, she was partner and senior counsel at Communiqué Group/Rise Strategies and vice president at Ketchum.
"Communications is in (Fiske's) DNA ... she is a natural fit for the vision that Jorge and I have for República's future," said Luis Casamayor, president and chief creative officer.
Fiske was named to The HispanicBusiness 100 Influentials list in 2011, and served as chairwoman and CEO of the Public Relations Society of America -- the first Hispanic woman to do so.
"I found a great cultural fit in República," said Fiske. "República is one of the leading, digitally focused agencies, prepared and positioned for where our industry is headed."
Fiske received bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Florida and Florida International University. She serves on several boards of directors, including that of the Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List