Rosanna Fiske has joined cross-cultural communications agency República as executive vice president and chief strategy officer, the company announced today.
In the newly created position, Fiske will oversee research and planning; account management; communications, content creation and engagement; and digital and media.
"Rosanna brings a depth of expertise and understanding in integrated advertising and communications that is unrivaled," said Jorge A. Plasencia, chairman and CEO.
Fiske's nearly 25 years of experience in marketing and communications includes a stint as director of the master's program in global strategic communications at Florida International University. Previously, she was partner and senior counsel at Communiqué Group/Rise Strategies and vice president at Ketchum.
"Communications is in (Fiske's) DNA ... she is a natural fit for the vision that Jorge and I have for República's future," said Luis Casamayor, president and chief creative officer.
Fiske was named to The HispanicBusiness 100 Influentials list in 2011, and served as chairwoman and CEO of the Public Relations Society of America -- the first Hispanic woman to do so.
"I found a great cultural fit in República," said Fiske. "República is one of the leading, digitally focused agencies, prepared and positioned for where our industry is headed."
Fiske received bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Florida and Florida International University. She serves on several boards of directors, including that of the Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap