Ever wonder where that expression "once in a blue moon" came from?
Well, the unusual event that helped spawn it is occuring tonight. The expression means a rare occurrence, and that's exactly what's happening tonight. The month of August is experiencing its second full moon, and this won't happen again until July 2 and July 31 in 2015.
August's first full moon was on the first of the month.
But take note, the moon tonight won't physically be blue, it's just a name for this rare sky show.
Coincidentally, a private memorial service for Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, will be held today. Armstrong died Aug. 25 in Ohio at age 82.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35