Backstreet's Back, Alright!
The boy band has regrouped. The past few year, the Backstreet Boys has been performing without its fifth "boy," Kevin Richardson, but today, Friday, Aug. 31, he solidified the reunion with a Good Morning America performance.
It was the first time in six years that all five Backstreet Boys came together.
Backstreet Boys are Richardson, Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough and A.J. McLean. The group performed to thousands of fans for GMA's Summer Concert series in New York's Central Park.
According to Backstreet Boy's Twitter account, it was the largest crowd GMA's Central Park concerts has received.
While this is the Backstreet Boys' first performance with Richardson, he did appear on stage with his group at the Staples Center in Los Angeles last year during an NKOTBSB concert. NKOTBSB, you ask? That's the mega boy band name given to New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys, who combined their talent to set off on a world tour, as well as huddled in a music studio to record a few tracks.
The collaboration was sparked during NKOTB's Radio City Music Hall concert. BSB suprised NKOTB fans during the show, and the ear-piercing screams heard that night gave both groups the idea. The two groups performed their one and only concert in 2012 as NKOTBSB on Aug. 18 in Hershey, PA, during the Mix Tape Festival.
Celebrity news site, PerezHilton.com posted these videos of the performance.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill