LeAnn Rimes' publicist says the U.S. country music star has checked into an undisclosed rehabilitation facility to be treated for emotional problems.
"LeAnn has voluntarily entered a 30-day, in-patient treatment facility to cope with anxiety and stress," her representative Marcel Pariseau told People.com in an exclusive statement. "While there will be speculation regarding her treatment, she is simply there to learn and develop coping mechanisms. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
Rimes -- who checked in Wednesday, the day after her 30th birthday -- is not seeking treatment for an eating disorder or substance abuse, Pariseau said.
"This is just a time for me to emotionally check out for a second and take care of myself and come back in 30 days as the best 30-year-old woman I can be," Rimes said in a statement. "All the things in my life will be there when I get out, but you know what? I'm hoping they're not going to affect me as much. I'll have the tools to know how to deal with them."
The singer has been granted permission to occasionally leave the facility to perform previously scheduled shows, People.com said.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked