On the eve of Gabby Douglas' big win at the Olympics, celebrities are sending her love via social media outlets.
Douglas, who won gold in the Olympic women's all-around Thursday in London, is America's new sweetheart.
One of her winning leaps graces the front page of the New York Times this morning and her shining smile will be featured on a box of Kelloggs Corn Flakes. The 16-year-old has stolen the hearts of the American public as well as some notable personalities.
Here are just a few highlights of the praise Douglas has received:
Timbaland (@Timbaland): "yessir bigups to @gabrielledoug u did ur thang
Michael Phelps (@MichaelPhelps): "Congrats to @gabrielledoug last night!!! We watched from the pool!!! #USA
Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah): "OMG I'm so THRILLED for Gabby. Flowing happy tears!! #TeamUSA"
Gabrielle Union (@itsgabrielleu): "GOLDEN GIRL!!! I'm in awe :) RT @THEAJZONE: GABRIELLE DOUGLAS. #thatsall @gabrielledoug I wanna be like you when I grow up!!!xoxo"
Octavia Spencer (@octaviaspencer): "@gabrielleDoug HUGE HUGE MOMENT!!! Own it! bringing home THE GOLD!
Ciara (@ciara): "@gabrielledoug Not only am I happy 4 U. I'm happy for your family 2! The sacrifices payed off! Keep inspiring Young Girls and Women like Me❤"
Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ): "*kisses to Gabby* what an amazing little firecracker. #USA #Olympics
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards