Gay rights advocates have staged National Same Sex Kiss Day (NSSKD) to counter the thousands who rallied to their local fast food chain in support of Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy.
A Facebook page and a Tumlbr blog have been created to encourage couples to share a kiss in front of their local Chick-fil-A today, Aug. 3.
Related story: "Gay Marriage Controversy Leads Many to 'Eat Mor Chikin'"
NSSKD organizer Carly McGehee told CNN that she she likens the rally to a "married couple sharing a light kiss over a romantic meal, it's the same thing. We're here, and our love is just as good."
"Showing Chick-fil-A Our Thanks For Their Support Of Love, Equality, and The Real Definition Of Marriage," reads the Facebook page.
The page points to the Tumblr account to post photos of them locking lips.
"So grab a friend (or 20) and head out to your nearest Chick Fil A! And don't forget to post photos/videos of it here! For all the world to see!" reads the Tumblr account.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked