Alcan Cable, a business of Rio Tinto Alcan, hosted an open house today to celebrate the opening of its new distribution center in Mexico City. The facility will serve as the main sales and distribution center for Alcan Cable de Mexico, a leading manufacturer of aluminum alloy cables.
"Alcan Cable de Mexico's new larger distribution center in Mexico City will allow us to more quickly respond to our customers' increasing cable requirements with better on-time delivery and enhanced customer service and technical support," said Pete Mir, general manager, Alcan Cable de Mexico.
"The Mexico building construction market is an integral part of Alcan Cable's North American growth strategy for our STABILOY cable products. The expansion of the distribution warehouse in Mexico City demonstrates Alcan Cable's continued commitment to the Mexican and Latin American markets," said Jack Miller, president, Alcan Cable.
At the open house, guests were able to tour the distribution center and meet Alcan Cable de Mexico personnel and members of Alcan Cable's U.S. management team. The facility features additional inventory capacity, redesigned cutting and packaging equipment, and a training center to host customer educational programs about STABILOY cables.
The company's STABILOY brand of aluminum alloy cables have become the standard for commercial, institutional and industrial building applications in Mexico. Alcan Cable de Mexico utilizes a network of electrical distributors to sell its products throughout Mexico.
Alcan Cable entered the Mexican market in 1995 and was the first company to introduce 8000 Series aluminum alloy Type MC (Metal Clad) cable and low smoke, single conductor aluminum alloy feeder cable, XHHW-2 LS.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney