Silvio Berlusconi and his estranged wife have reached no divorce
agreement but at least they're not at each others' throats, their lawyers said
Wednesday in a joint statement.
The billionaire media mogul and Italian politician and former actress Veronica Lario are seeking a settlement in a front-page breakup that occurred amid reports of Berlusconi's many sexual escapades.
The Italian media have run reports of bickering, and an imminent settlement- both denied by the legal teams.
The case "is going ahead and as of today there has been no agreement, the statement said."But the relationship between the spouses is civil.''
Berlusconi, who owns Italy's three biggest private television stations, as well as other media assets, had rejected Lario's initial demand of 3.5 million euros a month.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women