Rumors Apple's anticipated 7-inch tablet will be called the "iPad Mini" are apparently on the mark and Apple will make it official, a Japanese tech site says.
Apple blog site Macotakara, citing an unnamed source, said Apple is officially planning to bestow the "iPad Mini" moniker on the 7.85-inch tablet, PC Magazine reported Monday.
While there has been speculation Apple would introduce the slimmed-down tablet when it unveils the next iPhone Sept. 12, indication now suggest Apple will debut the new tablet at a later, separate event, PC Magazine said.
Speculation is rife that although the current iPad is known for its high-resolution Retina display, the little-brother version may feature a cheaper, lower-resolution screen that would let Apple price the smaller tablet to compete with Google's Nexus 7 and Amazon's Kindle Fire, both available at $199.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women