SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/28/12 -- As webbed superhero Spider-Man turns 50 and looks toward his golden years, the new heroes and myths of the 21st century are being born on the Madefire App for iPad. Madefire, a digital publishing and content company that is revolutionizing the comic and graphic novel industry, is heating up the summer following its June 21st launch with its announcement today of weekly 'Motion Book' releases, including three all new titles and four new episodes of currently available Madefire titles. Each title -- exclusive to Madefire -- features the artistry and story worlds of renowned comic book creators, including Dave Gibbons, Brian Bolland, Doug Braithwaite, and Liam Sharp, as well as up-and-coming creators like Kinman Chan and Ben Wolstenholme.
Madefire is the only publisher offering episodic digital comics in the immersive Motion Books format, which are continuously delivered on the free, five-star rated (overall) Madefire App for iPad 1, 2 and 3.
"Madefire's 'Motion Books' offer readers an immersive, dynamic experience that cannot be had anywhere else," says Dave Gibbons, creator of Watchmen and member of Madefire's Board of Advisors. "In transforming the reading experience, Madefire is equally committed to delivering a steady dose of innovative, original content that gets readers excited about coming back every week for more."
The weekly content push rolls out with new titles and episodes that will be released throughout August and September, and will include:
"Captain Stone Is Missing. . ." (episode 02) by Liam Sharp & Christina McCormack
"The Engine" (episodes 01 and 02) by Guy Adams & Jimmy Broxton (ep. 01 released August 15)
"The Irons" by Haden Blackman & Gary Erskine (released August 8)
"Mono" (episode 02) by Ben Wolstenholme and Liam Sharp
"Treatment: Mexico City" by Dave Gibbons, Doug Braithwaite and Robbie Morrison
"Treatment: Tokyo" (episode 02) by Dave Gibbons, Kinman Chan and Robbie Morrison, with cover by Brian Bolland
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women