Crude oil prices held under $96 per barrel Tuesday with support provided by tropical storm Isaac, which caused closure of some Gulf Coast refineries.
The Gulf Coast region is home to 44 percent of the country's refining capacity.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil for October delivery added 34 cents to $95.81 per barrel. Natural gas shed 0.1 cents to $2.652 per million British thermal units.
Home heating oil added 0.31 cents to $3.1226 per gallon.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline lost 2.64 cents to $2.9236 a gallon.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline was $3.756 per gallon Tuesday, up from Monday's $3.75, AAA reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others