GM expected to suspend Chevy Volt production over slow sales
General Motors is halting, for a month, the manufacture of its well-known but seldom-sold Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric car, according to trade publication Automotive News.
VW, Ford, Chrysler come out on top in total new-vehicle quality study
Strategic Vision today released the results of its 2012 Total Quality Index study and found the industry as a whole continues to improve, with only 17% of consumers reporting problems with their new vehicles.
European woes cause slowdown in automotive mergers and acquisitions
There were 264 mergers or acquisitions in the global automotive industry during the first six months of this year compared with 303 during the same period in 2011.
Navistar CEO steps down, interim replacement named
Navistar International Corp. said today that its chairman and CEO has stepped down and named an interim replacement.
Ford breaks ground on new plant in southwest China
Ford Motor Co. is building a sixth plant in China as part of an effort to increase its sales in the world's largest auto market.
Appeals court rejects challenge to collective-bargaining-rights ballot proposal
The three-judge panel divided 2-1 on a key question in the case, whether its backers, a coalition of labor groups, had provided adequate notice to petition signers and prospective voters how the proposal would affect other constitutional provisions.
CAW members authorize strikes against Detroit 3
The CAW said today that its members have voted overwhelmingly to go on strike if necessary in contract talks with Chrysler, General Motors and Ford.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign