Disaster preparedness means being ready for zombies, according to Eddy Weiss, founder of Chasing4Life.
Weiss will give a 60-minute free program, "Zombie Apocalypse! We'll be prepared for anything!" at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Burlington (Iowa) Public Library.
After looking at zombie legends and the current zombie craze, Weiss will teach visitors how to apply "zombie readiness" to more likely attacks such as severe weather, earthquakes, pandemics and winter storms.
At 6:30 p.m., Weiss will turn his attention to another popular obsession: the Mayan calendar ending Dec. 12.
While Weiss doesn't foresee the world ending, he will examine possible warnings from the Mayans for our changing world, and how communities and families can get ready for potential disasters of every type.
Chasing4Life travels around the U.S., giving talks on emergency preparedness.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal