It's a bambino.
MTV reality TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi gave birth to her first child Sunday morning.
Snooki went into labor Saturday night and she and her fiance, Jionni LaValle, welcomed their boy named Lorenzo Dominic LaValle a little before 3 a.m. Sunday at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J., reported MTV.
"I am SO IN LOVE with my son Lorenzo Dominic! I had my little man last night, healthy at 6lbs! HE'S MY WORLD! ?" she tweeted Sunday.
"The world just got another Guido!!! Lorenzo Dominic LaValle has entered the world weighing 6lbs, 5oz. Nicole, Jionni & Enzo are doing great!" a representative for Polizzi told MTV.
Polizzi is one of the original cast members of the reality TV sries "Jersey Shore" and stars in her own spinoff series "Snooki and JWOW" which airs on the same cable channel.
The child is the first for the couple who announced their engagement and her pregnancy in March. Polizzi has said she planned to have her baby first and then have a wedding.
"I mean, I do have a dream wedding," she told MTV News in April. "But I definitely don't even want to talk about it or think about it because I'm not even ready for it yet. I just want my baby first."
MTV commented on Sunday's birth:
"We couldn't be happier for Nicole and Jionni on the healthy delivery of their baby boy! We look forward to Lorenzo's first trip to the Jersey Shore and can't wait to see his first animal print onesie."
The last few months of her pregnancy will be featured on the sixth season of "Jersey Shore," which begins at 9 p.m. Oct. 4 on cable 39.
Most Popular Stories
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina