About 63,000 homes and businesses were out of power mid-morning in the South Florida area as heavy wind and rain continue.
The outages represent about 3 percent of Florida Power and Light's 2.4 million customers in the tri-county area.
In Broward, roughly 23,510 locations are without power, according to FPL, out of 800,000 customers. In Miami-Dade, 24,530 are without power out of more than 1 million customers. In Palm Beach, 19,090 locations are without power out of 600,000 customers.
That's significantly more than the roughly 18,000 customers left without power in the hours following Isaac's closest path to the area, as the large storm continues sending debris and branches into FPL lines. "Palm fronds, believe it or not, are actually a huge cause of power outages," said Richard Gibbs, an FPL spokesman.
All figures are based on the 10 a.m. report from FPL. Any FPL customers without power should report the outage. Call 800-4-OUTAGE (800-468-8243).
To check out the number of outages throughout the day, visit the Power Tracker website.
Most Popular Stories
- Sony Entertainment Network Offering Music Unlimited Service In Brazil
- Age is not an obstacle [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- audio reviews [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- It's alive! Cinema from the slums ; A love of cult movies has turned into a semi-regular night of great bad films
- Coens deliver humorous and deeply felt movie
- Cannes festival surges into top gear ; Coen brothers take poll position in the race for the Palme d'Or
- Fred Armisen, Bill Hader bid special farewells to 'Saturday Night Live'
- Swift leads, Miguel hurts fans at Billboard Awards
- Cannes 2013: The musical side of the Coens' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'