Grammy-winning Latin urban music duo Wisin y Yandel continue their domination of the charts with their new album "Lideres."
Since its release in July, "Lideres" has captured the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart for the sixth time.
Besides being the No. 1 albums for sales in the US and Puerto Rico, "Lideres" has reached No. 1 in physical sales in Mexico and No. 1 in iTunes album sales in the countries of Mexico, Bolivia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Venezuela.
Wisin y Yandel are also up for MTV's Best Latino Artist in 2012, which will be announced at the upcoming MTV VMAs.
They are up against Jennifer Lopez, Juanes, Pitbull and Romeo Santos.
The duo scored the No. 1 Latin song in the U.S., Puerto Rico and most of Latin America with the first single off "Lideres," "Follow the Leader" featuring Lopez.
The follow-up single "Algo Me Gusta de Ti" features Chris Brown and T-Pain.
Related story: "Chris Brown, T-Pain Team with Reggaeton Duo Wisin Y Yandel"
The video for "Algo Me Gusta de Ti" was directed by Jessy Terrero, and premiered the week of Aug. 20 on VEVO and across MTV Networks.
Wisin y Yandel will be headlining Univision Radio's H2O Festival this Saturday, Aug. 25 at the Los Angeles State Historic Park in L.A. The festival will also feature performances by Snoop Dogg and John Legend.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal