Miami Dade College (MDC) will host a summit that will emphasize the economic case for American Latino advancement, including wealth building, education, immigration, civic participation and American Latino leadership across sectors.
Presented by the New America Alliance Institute, the American Latino National Summit will take place Monday, Sept. 24, at the college's Wolfson Campus. The daylong event will feature speakers and panels covering a wide range of topics, such as education, immigration and economic capital.
The American Latino National Summit aims to change the tone and tenor of the national discourse concerning American Latinos and will define to the nation who American Latinos are and what their contributions are to this country in terms of economic capital, human capital and political capital.
Invitations have been extended to the U.S. presidential candidates so they may present their vision for the American Latino agenda and community.
The summit is co-hosted by the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility, the NALEO Educational Fund, the National Council of La Raza and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, visit www.naaonline.com
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women