The National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) announced the winners of its Excellence in Multi-cultural Marketing Awards (EMMA) today. The awards competition showcases marketing efforts aimed at culturally diverse customers.
"A multicultural marketing communications strategy is essential for companies to remain competitive, considering the prominent role diversity plays in today's global economy," said Daphne Leroy, vice president of marketing and communications, NAMIC.
The EMMA competition recognizes best practices in the cable industry while developing creative, strategic and innovative approaches to ethnic-targeted marketing, according to a news release.
Related: Northwestern Mutual Recruits Employees By Teaming With ALPFA, NSHMBA
The competition is divided into the award categories of Marketing Tactics and Case Studies/Campaigns, and entries within each category were judged within the divisions of Cable Distributors and Networks/Industry Suppliers, according to the release. Because entries are judged on their own merits rather than against each other, awards are not always given in each category, while categories sometimes have multiple winners.
Top award winners included Time Warner Cable, Comcast and Univision Communications Inc.
The awards will be presented at the 26th annual NAMIC Conference at the Hilton New York on Sept. 11. The conference runs Sept. 11-12 as part of Diversity Week.
To register online for the conference, visit http://www.namic.com.
For a complete list of winners, click the link below:
Winners -- 2012 NAMIC EMMA Awards
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass