Today, George Zimmerman's defense team announced it will shut down its Facebook account, but said nothing about the still-active Twitter account and website.
Titled the George Zimmerman Legal Case, the website's administrators state a long list of reasons for a social media presence, mainly because "this is a very unusual case."
George Zimmerman's defense team lists these reasons for its online efforts:
1. Discrediting and Eliminating Fraudulent Websites and Social Profiles
2. Disputing Misinformation
3. Discouraging Speculation
4. Acknowledging The Larger Significance of the Case
5. Providing a Forum for Communication with the Law Firm
6. Providing a Voice for Mr. Zimmerman
7. Raising Funds
Related story"George Zimmerman Defense to Shut Down Facebook Page"
Although the defense team has taken down its Facebook page, other accounts exist pertaining to Zimmerman, as well as the man he is accused of killing, Trayvon Martin.
A quick Facebook search will produce the following pages:
George Zimmerman is Innocent
Support for George Zimmerman
Arrest George Zimmerman
Trayvon Martin Updates
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009