Western Virginia U.S. Attorney Timothy Heaphy said this week that his office will be using Twitter and Facebook to communicate with the public, the media and others.
The Twitter and Facebook accounts for the U.S. attorney's office went live Monday.
"Our goal is to provide a direct feed of information about the enforcement and prevention work being done in this office as well as by our law-enforcement and community partners in the Western District of Virginia," Heaphy said in a prepared statement. "Social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook have become essential communication tools in our interconnected world."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women