Celebrity gossip columnist Perez Hilton was a trending topic last night on Twitter because he wrote about One Direction's Zayn Malik, which angered the boy band's fans.
Fans were lashing out at Hilton, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira, calling him names and, according to Lavandeira, using the "f" word some:
"One Direction fans sure like to use the word #f@ck a lot! Ha," he tweeted while indulging in the fact that his celebrity name was trending. "Perez Hilton is STILL a worldwide trending topic on Twitter! So cray cray! #Loves."
Apparently the gossip news that got the One Direction fans in a huff was Hilton reporting that Malik quit Twitter and may even quit the boy band, followed by news that the 19-year-old cheated on his girlfriend Perrie.
Check out some of the mean comments One Direction fans are tweeting about Hilton. Lesson of the day? Don't mess with One Direction fans.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion