Celebrity gossip columnist Perez Hilton was a trending topic last night on Twitter because he wrote about One Direction's Zayn Malik, which angered the boy band's fans.
Fans were lashing out at Hilton, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira, calling him names and, according to Lavandeira, using the "f" word some:
"One Direction fans sure like to use the word #f@ck a lot! Ha," he tweeted while indulging in the fact that his celebrity name was trending. "Perez Hilton is STILL a worldwide trending topic on Twitter! So cray cray! #Loves."
Apparently the gossip news that got the One Direction fans in a huff was Hilton reporting that Malik quit Twitter and may even quit the boy band, followed by news that the 19-year-old cheated on his girlfriend Perrie.
Check out some of the mean comments One Direction fans are tweeting about Hilton. Lesson of the day? Don't mess with One Direction fans.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'