Toyota announced the recall Wednesday of up to 1.5 million cars worldwide.
The Japanese automaker said it was conducting the recall voluntarily due to concern about wear on the rear suspensions in some of its vehicles.
In the United States, Toyota's largest foreign market, the recall will affect 760,000 RAV4 models built between 2006 and early 2011. Also included are 18,000 Lexus HS 250h models.
Owners of the vehicles subject to recall will receive an official notice from Toyota.
Two years ago some Toyota vehicles were alleged to have had recurring brake problems. As a result of the bad publicity at the time, the company is now taking proactive measures to address potential problems.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia