Russian officials are to meet with a Syrian delegation about an agreement on Russian money and oil supplies to Syria, officials said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is to meet with the Syrian delegation, headed by Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Qadri Jamil, Tuesday in Moscow, RIA Novosti reported.
This will be the second such meeting Moscow has hosted this month. At the first, the two countries reached the agreement, saying sanctions imposed on Syria by Western countries have had a negative effect on the country's economy, and Syrians have a particular need for oil and gas.
"These are illegal sanctions and Russia decided to help Syria in the current economic situation," Jamil said.
Most Popular Stories
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message